Sunday, July 18, 2010

A View from the Hill

In the school holidays, I took the kids to Wangaratta to the movies. Jack, Millie, Ned and I went and saw Eclipse while Hugh hung out at the skate park. Millie and I managed to get to the Woollen Mills while Jack and Ned were in the fishing shop. I bought all of this for $80. I have started a cardigan with the beige wool. The red and pink bag is untreated wool which I will be knitting and then felting. The green wool I am going to crochet a wrap/vest thing! Millie liked the multi coloured wool so when her broken arm is no more, we plan to do some knitting with it. They were only $1 a ball.
We have had a very quiet day today - it is quite cold and our heater is not working. We spent all day yesterday at the football in Echuca so it's nice to be at home today. Millie made pancakes for breakfast which were yummy!
This is where I am up to with Millie's granny blanket. It seems to be taken a long time as my tension is quite firm so it is taking lots of rows.

I have added a photo to the heading which shows how good the farm is looking at the moment! We had about 16 mms of rain this week so it is looking like we will have some feed for the first time in many years! I need to go and take Ruby for a walk before it gets much colder but first Millie and I are making a fabric box!

No comments:

Post a Comment